1. The Basic Information
A. About Us
Zucate is an Education Technology platform (the "Services") operated by Zucate Mind Solutions Private Limited, a company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal in the India ("we," "us," "our," and "Zucate Mind Solutions Private Limited").
The Services include web and mobile based platform in K-12 (school education) segment that assists students in their school curriculum. To support the school curriculum, we have developed AUGMENTED REALITY based content and ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE based ANALYTICS that provides customization suited to the student’s intellect and grasp. Find out more about our Services at https://www.zucate.in.
A. Key Terms
"Contact" is a person who visits/registers on our website, mobile application and any other associated/ancillary applications, products, websites and services managed by the Company, Zucate Mind Solutions Private Limited.
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us to use our Services.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Persona include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
"Visitor" means any person who visits any of our Websites, domain, subdomain, web pages, interactive features, applications, widgets, blogs, social networks, social network "tabs," or other online, mobile, or wireless offerings.
"You" and "Your" means, depending on the context, either a Member, or a Visitor.
2. Privacy for Members/Visitors
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a Member or potential Member through the provision of the Services. If you are not a Member, the Visitors or Contacts section of this policy may be more applicable to you and your data. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Members and potential Members.
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
i. Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you . Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, integrate the Services with another website or service (for example, when you choose to connect with us to become a teacher), or communicate with us in any other way. The Application/Website/Services/products records the information you provide when you download and register for the Application or Services or products. When you register with us, you generally provide but not limited to
(a) your name, age, email address, phone number, password and your/your ward’s educational interests;
(b) transaction-related information, such as your card (credit/debit card) details and billing address when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us;
(c) information you provide us when you contact us for help;
(d) information you enter into its system when using the Application/Services/products, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests. The said information collected from the users could be categorized as “Personal Information“, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information“. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules“)) shall collectively be referred to as “Information” in this Policy.
This information may include:
a. Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection. As is true for most Mobile applications, we also collect other relevant information as per the permissions that you provide.
b. Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
c. Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services, which may include the dates and times you access the Services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Services are used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other communications you send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
iii. Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you or your Contacts from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioral data (such as information about the use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
Device information: We may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use. We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application or Services.
Product usage data: We may use mobile analytics software (such as Fabric.io) to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support. For example, if you use our mobile apps, we may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account. If you have opted in to these push notifications and no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data, including Personal Information of Contacts, to provide and improve the Services. We use information like your spending habits and your Contacts’ details and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. If you prefer not to share this data, you can alter the security settings on your account and opt out of data analytics projects, at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org For example, we use data from your account to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our Members. We will act as a data controller to process data for our data analytics projects in reliance on our legitimate business interests of improving and enhancing our products and services for our Members. As always, we take the privacy of Personal Information seriously, and will continue to implement appropriate safeguards to protect this Personal Information from misuse or unauthorized disclosure.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, and this may include using cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer, thereby uniquely identifying your browser and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. These also allow us to collect information such as the IP address, browser, client type and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our Services, track your preferences, help you login faster and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services. This data is used to improve our offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to a majority of users.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Some of our features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
D. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- To enforce applicable ToU, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- When it believes in good faith (doctrine of uberrima fides) that the disclosure is absolutely necessary to protect its rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, address security or technical issues or respond to a government request;
- With its trusted service providers who work on its behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to and adhered to the rules set forth in this Policy;
- To protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Application/Website/Zucate Mind Solutions Private Limited or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- With third party service providers in order to personalize the Application/Website/Services/products for a better user experience and to perform behavioural analysis;
- Any portion of the Information containing personal data relating to minors provided by you/parent shall be deemed to be given with the consent of the minor’s legal guardian. Such consent is deemed to be provided by your registration with Zucate Mind Solutions Private Limited.
E. Other Data Privacy Rights
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. If you have filled out a user profile, we will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from its Application/Services/Website/products. As a Member, you can manage many of your individual account and profile settings within the dashboard provided through the web platform and mobile application, or you may contact us directly by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also manage all the information and content about your Contacts within the dashboard provided through our platform to assist you with responding to requests to access, correct, update or delete information that you receive from. We adopt stringent security measures to protect your password from being exposed or disclosed to anyone. Only upon you forgetting the password for its Application/Website or Services, we will have the right to reset the same to you with your prior approval as per standard web practices.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We may send alerts to you by email or phone (through sms/call), or push notifications or browser notifications to inform you about any new service offerings or other information which we perceive might be useful for you.
H. Public Forums
When you use certain features on our website like the discussion forums/blogs and when you post or share your personal information such as comments, messages, files, photos; these will be available to all users, and will be in the public domain. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting on its forums this information may become publicly available and any breach of confidentiality in the due course is neither the responsibility nor the liability of Zucate Mind Solutions Private Limited.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information, its processes and maintain utmost confidentiality of your personal data. We even limit access to this information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application/Services/products/Website. Please be aware that, although our endeavour is to provide stringent security, for information we possess and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
J.How long do we retain user data?
Currently, we retain user data while an account is active and for at least three years afterwards. We may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, it may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, it may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
K. Log information
When you access our Website, its servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
L. User communications
When you send an email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We might share it with relevant third parties to offer you a seamless experience on our Platform.
M. Your Consent
We believe that, every user of our Application/Services/Products/Website must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of the Application/Services/Products/Website. By registering with it, you are expressly consenting to its collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us from time to time. Processing, your information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in India. If you reside outside India your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
We shall undertake all reasonable efforts to address your grievances at the earliest possible opportunity. You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org